Confess the Faith: trust in the triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in whose name this child is to be baptized.
PRAY for him/her often
REMIND him/her of his/her Baptism, that he/she is a child of God
RAISE him/her in the true knowledge and worship of God by:
· Teaching him/her the Ten Commandments,
· Teaching him/her the Creed
· Teaching him/her the Lord’s Prayer
· Placing in his/her hands the Holy Scripture
· Bringing him/her to Worship
· Teaching him/her the Christian faith
· at home: talk, study, pray, worship together
· at church: Sunday School, Catechism, Confirmation, Youth Group, etc.
· Bringing him/her to the Lord’s Supper to receive Christ’s Body and Blood
· Teaching him/her to participate in God’s mission, using his/her gifts to bring the love of God to all people.
· Setting an example in all these areas.
All of this is done so that in living out his/her life in his/her baptismal grace and in close association with the Church, he/she may grow up to lead a godly life to the praise and honor of Jesus Christ.